Sunday, November 2, 2008

Do-ers of the Word

"My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth." (John 3:18 NKJV) God wants us to be doers of The Word, just not readers of it. As this verse states, we are to do more than just say we love someone, and or speak of our passions in life, we are to act on them. A favorite Christian hymn states, "And they will know we are Christians by our love." Love isn't just a warm fuzzy feeling, it's an action word. I don't know about you, but it doesn't mean as much to me if someone says something, but then doesn't put the actions behind it. God wants us to do more than testify to others about Him. He wants us to be living, DOing examples of what God can do, and of His love and compassion. God gave us the greatest example of all of this..He didn't just talk about how much He loves us, He backed it up by dying in our place. Let us all be mindful this week, and always, of how we present ourselves to others, and if we're truly living every second showing by our deeds of God's prescence in our lives. Love, Beau

1 comment:

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Dearest Beau...what a perfect way to tell about how deeds are needed to follow through after the words are spoken. We need to be transparent...nothing hidden away as HE sees all.
I hope you are well tonight after your day at the Vet. I am always thinking about you and have good news about the auction I held. The funds are arriving in my Paypal and soon I will be able to send some to you for your expenses! YEAH!